Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Grisham on his latest.

From an interview with John Grisham, which was published on the blog Above the Law:

I wrote the first 100 pages of the book having it set at Princeton. One night I was doing some research and I realized that there was no law school at Princeton. Then I went to Brown.... no law school at Brown.

Then I went to Cornell, but I flipped open a copy of The Broker and saw that the first characters you meet went to Cornell. I used Harvard for The Firm and I didn't want to set the law school at Columbia or some place in the city. I had a scene on a train [as Kyle travels from school to Scully & Pershing] that I really wanted to keep, so I ended up in New Haven....

I was a sick puppy when I realized there was no law school at Princeton.

No comments: