Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Dressing up


You can certainly be forgiven for seeing this picture and thinking, "Oh, Halloween's coming up.  I guess Risa is going as something involving purple hair."  Alas, that is not the case.

Rather, I am expected to wear this piece of costuming tomorrow not to a Halloween party but to a work event -- at which over 150 people and the media will be present.  Lovely.  However, the boss has decreed it so.

There is some rationale behind this otherwise odd mandate.  The invitation to the event specified that guests are to wear their "favorite purple garment or accessory," and these purple tresses represent an attempt to conform to this request (a request that we issued, I might add).  All seven of the staff members will be sporting these acrylic strands, so we will at least be coordinated -- and united in our embarrassment.

No comments: