People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading.
- Logan Pearsall Smith, "Myself"
I am a reading recidivist.
I haven't read much in the past year -- aside from fun legal tomes, that is -- but I have recently become absorbed in a book. I'm ashamed to say that I had forgotten how much fun it is! The book is not necessarily a Great, but I'm enjoying it regardless. It is American Wife, Curtis Sittenfeld's third book. (She is best known for her first, Prep.) It's due out in September; I was lucky enough to get an advanced reading copy from the best bookstore in the world -- and my former employer -- Politics & Prose. I just want to stay home and read!
Along the reading vein, I'd like to put in a plug for Goodreads.com. It's a social-networking website wherein you can keep track of books you've read, are reading, and intend to read. It's great fun! You can find my Goodreads profile at: http://www.goodreads.com/profile/risa_g.
Happy reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment