Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mea inevitable culpa.

Blogging is a new experience for me. I am trying to be disciplined about it; whereas in an earlier era, I might have sat down to the piano daily, in these modern times, I am practicing blogging. However, being "forced" into doing anything can, oftentimes, have the effect of stymieing whatever creative impulse might have otherwise flourished. It's like having sex everyday. Some experiences are bound to be great; others, merely routine. (For the Times article on daily sex, click here.) Yesterday's entry was my virtual equivalent of boring sex. Time for a cigarette?

I'll try to keep things interesting, but some of my writings will inevitably flop and flounder. I ask that my vast reading audience bear with me in such troubled times. Like the economic downturn, this too shall pass. And some might argue that bad sex is better than no sex at all. So lie back, and think of England.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am such a better person for knowing the phrase "lie back and think of England." Seriously, you just made my afternoon. Perhaps even my whole day. You're good like that.

What're we gonna blog about while we're in DC?